Monday, April 8, 2013

Our weekend


Ill just start off by saying, I did NOT sleep in at all this weekend. I guess I dont really ever sleep in anymore. Getting up at 5:20 during the workweek has sort of come between me and sleep on the weekends. Sad, I know. But thats okay!!! Because that means I usually am pretty productive in that morning time when Im waiting patiently for Chris to come alive. Anyway, Friday was weird. I had to work the late shift (which SUCKS) but, since I was up at 5:20 anyway, I drug myself to the gym. I was pretty proud of the fact that I managed to gym 4 times last week! Also proud of the fact that I nearly killed myself while I was there. I had an almost 300 calorie workout in 30 mins. Not bad! Im really starting to feel my endurance building, which is exciting! I want to get my cardiovascular system in shape right quick so that Im prepared for hiking!! Speaking of hiking, we went to REI on Saturday (never again) and got some stuff for our peninsula vacation. Meaning we got a tent. We finally decided that we are going to go camping AND bring the Stellz! YAY! So, heres the tent we picked up.

REI

The trail shoes I wanted werent available at the store, but I was able to use my %20 off when I ordered them online. YES! More shoes coming in the mail!!! I love that. I ordered these ones!

Here
One of the things that I really want/need is a waistpack. The ones we looked at were maybe a little too big for me. And I looked at the reviews for the North Face one and they were pretty mixed. Im leaning toward a hydration pack instead. That seems to make more sense, since Im mostly concerned about having enough water, rather than carrying survival items. Im going to die in the woods, I know. Anywaaaaaay, while looking at those things, we also started looking at packs for dogs. Ive had my eye on these for awhile, but they are on the spendy side, so havent actually seriously looked. Well, we got one!!!

Daddy helping
We took her to the park and had her run with it on. Shes pretty used to running around with her little doggy jacket on, so this wasnt much different for her. Now she can carry her own water, food, treats, poo bags, etc. STOKED!

What else did we get...OH! I got new gym shoes! I hate to say that the ones Ive been using came from Costco 2 years ago. Not the best for treadmill action. I was able to find some on sale while we were at REI and I am in LOVE! They were still ridiculously expensive, but a good value on sale.


Chris cutting off the tag with a machete. haha!

What else...it was raining both Saturday afternoon and Sunday (big surprise) so we hung out at home for the most part.
We:
Hung new Ikea curtains ($5 a pair!)
Had a dance sesh with Murderface
Changed the bedding
Made smoothies
Found these old-ass tickets from Bumbershoot. Tickets were only $9 way back in 1997. CRAZY!!!

 Thats about it. We watched a couple of episodes of 'Its Always Sunny' 7th season is gettin weird! In a good way. Watched 'Resident Evil number...16?' and we were able to watch last nights episode of Game of Thrones!!! Excellent!

Well, here we are, back at Monday. At least Im back to my normal shift today. And after work I get to have a pedicure, shop for some new gym clothes and then meet up for dinner with Gma and Gpa. PIZZZZAAAAA!!!! Busy! And that is all. Hurry up Friday!!! Hurry. Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment