Friday, September 2, 2011

Farewell Summer

According to my iPhone, its supposed to be partly sunny with a high of 69 today. According to the gloom outside my window, I think otherwise. Part of the beauty of the PNW is that its so deliciously green ALL. YEAR. LONG. Which is thanks to the 5 days of sun and 360 days of rain. When my alarm goes off in the morning, the first thing I do is reach for my phone(aka alarm) and I check the forecast. Armed with that knowledge, I can think about what to wear while Im in the shower. 69 degrees really doesn't seem all that warm to me, so today, in honor of Fall (which apparently is upon us) I decided to wear long pants, a wool sweater(gah!) and even a scarf! I would've had Isaak take a pic, but Ive misplaced my camera! Anyway, Ive been thinking alot about how short summer always seems and how I'm so sad that its over. Having lived here my entire life, you would think Id be used to the weather, but the older I get, the less impressed I am by the area in which I reside. Along with the 5 day forecast for my area, I also check the weather in New York, Savannah, and San Diego. Ive got to get out of here! Why is it that everyone is always sadly saying 'the summer went by so fast!' but no one is EVER sad to see winter come to an end. sigh....

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I'm LOL'ing about the "thanks to the 5 days of sun."
    I'm also getting less impressed with the weather. Heather told me it's supposed to be in the 80's next week and 90 the week after. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete