Friday, September 6, 2013

Visit from the PARENTS!!

So we arrived in Vancouver on Tuesday the 13th, Chris started work (from home) the next day and I started unpacking. That Sunday, he had to leave for work and wouldn't be back til sometime Thursday evening. Ugh. This was the worst feeling. Being in this new place where I didn't know ANYONE and having to be alone in our trashed apartment. As luck would have it, my parents were able to come down and spend a couple of days with me. The plan was, they would haul down a bunch of the stuff we left behind and also help me to pick up our new sofa at Ikea. I was so grateful that they were able to come down the very same day that Chris was leaving!!

Breakfast at the Stardust Diner. Best thing Ive ever tasted in my life.

Smoke from a fire near the river

Sofa loaded up in the truck!

Lots of smoke. Drove over the 205 bridge the other day and that area is all black now.

My dad assembling the sofa

Ta Da!

Cla being her weird self

House hunting with my parents

My mom was like, 'LOOK! You and Chris' initials are on the garage of this house! Its meant to be!!!' 

Dinner at the Brickhouse. The only place we eat in Vancouver apparently

Thankfully, her curiosity surrounding the fireplace has worn off. No more little black cat prints on everything.

After my parents left, decided it would be a good idea to start drinking in an attempt to fend off lonliness...

And then I spilled it :(

My healthy dinner of Spanish rice (leftover from the reception) and a shot of tequila! Party time!

And then I sobered up and took Stellz for a walk. This is a pretty accurate representation of how brown the grass is at this park. Bet the kids love running around on that dried up stuff. 
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment