Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lets talk about food, baby.

Jeeze, I'm such a nerd. I supposed everyone replaces words in songs so they become relevant to what they're talking about right? RIGHT? So...I follow a blog called My New Roots which has taught me sooo much. I can't even begin to explain how often I rely on this site for food inspiration and information. I tell EVERYONE I know about it. Literally, everyone. Anyway, I bought some goat yogurt awhile ago at the co-op with the intention of getting the good stuff from dairy, just not the cow version... Ill just say this, goat yogurt is not my fave. So I started looking for ways to use it up so I wouldn't have to toss it out. At this same point in time, I had some lovely bananas rotting ripening on my counter and wanted to incorporate those as well. I stumbled upon this recipe Let me tell you!!!! I have made this stuff 3 times in the last 2.5 weeks. Its that good. So good. Everyone loves it. Even my brother loves it, which is a miracle. I dont have the heart to tell him its made with goat yogurt...thats my little secret. haha! Here are some phone-shots from when I made it before my trip to Palm Springs:
The Medjool Dates were soooo cheap in California. I pay an arm and leg for them here and the deliciousness doesn't even compare. I called my mom and asked her to bring back another two pounds with her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment