Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby and an outfit under an outfit


Cover has always been creepy to me(via)



I just saw that a remake of The Great Gatsby is scheduled for release at the end of 2012. I was on IMDB and saw an advert for the trailer. And guess who's playing Gatsby? Its going to be the Legen-wait for it..dary Leonardo DiCaprio!!!! I literally SQUEALED when I read that he had been cast. Which was awkward because I made that kicked dog noise while at my desk at work. But whatevs. Let me start by saying, I love that book. I love the 20's. I think that would be my primo decado. Especially if I were born into an insanely wealthy family and didn't have to work, but rather, could spend my time partying and playing with my equally rich friends. No inhibitions (other than prohibition, duh) free to run wild, wear fur, drive fancy cars and dress like nobodys business. Oh! And smoke ciggies of course! Mustn't forget those!

And then there's the Leo aspect. I don't even know what to say about his magnificence. I think that if I were to look up 'practically perfect in every way' I would see a picture of Mary Poppins holding a little baby Leo via Romeo Capulet era. Currently fantasizing about all of the great films made even greater because of his performances. Leo man, I love you!!! I would scream for you like my teenage self at a Bush concert. You rock my world! Please, keep on keeping on...etc...you know what I mean.

For my viewing pleasure....
The trailer on IMDB

via



Today, Im trying to wear this dress again. Kris bought it, thought it was too shear, she is completely correct but I like it so much that IM REALLY TRYING!!! to make it work. Underneath the dress, I wore a white tank, bright red tights and green t-strap Chealsea Crew heels. Then, for good measure, I put on some shorts. I thought the shorts would be a good idea because I didn't want to feel self conscious. Instead, I just felt uncomfortable. Essentially, I am wearing a complete outfit underneath my dress. Its like a secret of sorts. Hehe! At about 4:00, I couldn't take it anymore and flung the shorts off and into my bag. Screw modesty. Ha! I probably just won't get up from my desk til its time to leave for the day.
No this is not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment